Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ajors, joining Cosart, Jon Singleton and Josh Zeid
MONTREAL -- Charles Hamelin took another step toward the overall world championship title, but the bad luck goes on for Canadas relay team. Hamelin overcame a weak start to win bronze in the 500-metre race behind winner Wu Dajing of China and American J.R. Celski on Saturday at the world short track speed skating championship. The Ste-Julie, Que., skater cut to the outside in a desperate bid for the win and came close to catching Celski at the finish line with the large crowd at the Maruice Richard Arena in a frenzy. "The four guys in that final were the four best 500-metre skaters in the world, so it was tough," said Hamelin, who was coming off a win in the 1,500-metre event on Friday. "I made a little mistake at the beginning. "I got passed by the Russian (Victor An) and was back in fourth place. I had a lot of speed. I went outside. It was my last option. I tried my best and was almost second." The 29-year-old, who has twice been runner-up for the overall title but never won it, leads the standings heading into the final two individual events -- the 1,000 and 3,000 metres -- on Sunday. An, a five-time overall world champion formerly known as Ahn Hyun-Soo, finished fourth. Park Seung-Hi of South Korea won the womens 500-metres ahead of Elise Christie of Britain and Fan Kexin of China. Disaster struck for the Canadian team in the mens relay semifinals when veteran Olivier Jean got caught in traffic and missed an exchange with Hamelin with only eight laps to go. The mishap dropped Canada from second to last place among the four teams and they couldnt catch up. Only the top two, Russia and Britain, earned a spot in Sundays relay final. "We got passed by the Chinese guy on the corner where we exchanged and it got mixed up.," said Michael Gilday of Yellowknife. "We didnt get our exchange in until a lap later and the other teams had already launched away. "Olivier was supposed to exchange with Charles on the corner where he got pushed out. There were a bunch of skaters and they couldnt tag together. It was a mess." At the Sochi Olympics three weeks ago, Canadas favoured relay team was eliminated in the semifinals when Francois Hamelin stepped on a marker disc and fell. "Thats short track," said Gilday. "It sucks. Clearly we havent had the breaks this year." South Korea and the Netherlands will also contest the mens relay final. Canada will have a team in the womens final. Jean opted not to talk to the media. The Lachanie, Que. skater, who was celebrating his 30th birthday, had been eliminated in the 500-metre quarter-finals along with Charle Cournoyer of Boucherville, Que., the bronze medallist in the event in Sochi. Marianne St-Gelais of St. Felicien, Que., and Marie-Eve Drolet of Laterriere, Que., were both ousted in the womens semifinals. "Im pretty happy, actually, because its not my best distance," said Drolet, who will have a better shot at a medal in the 1,000-metre race. "Im not a great sprinter, so it was super-fun to see that I could be fast and do a good race." St-Gelais said she may have psyched herself out before her semifinal because of an outside starting position. "I think I got scared at the (starting) line," she said. "I was thinking I would be squished behind two girls. Usually I dont think about those kinds of things, but that idea crossed my mind just before the start. I knew my race was done at that point." It was a happier day for Christie, who was shut out of the medals in Sochi after being penalized three times. The Scottish skater shot out to the lead off the start, only to be passed on the next-to-last lap by Park. It looked like the two might collide, but Christie said she backed off of any contact. "I probably could have won, but in the back of my head I was thinking about the fact that I got penalties, so when Park came through I let her go," said Christie. "I didnt try to get past because I just didnt want to get another penalty, to be honest." Christie came to the world championship seeking to redeem the Sochi setback and now is looking forward to her best event, the 1,000-metres. "It is my beat distance, but again, Ill be racing quite withdrawn," she said. "Im trying to stay out of fights and stuff, so that could play to my disadvantage. But maybe now that Ive got a medal, I might just go for it." Park won bronze in the 1,500-metres on Friday. She was a gold medallist in the 1,000-metre and the womens relay and got bronze in the 500-metres in Sochi. The Olympic 500-metre champion, Li Jiarrou of China, is not competing at the world championship. Cameron Meredith Saints Jersey . Grimes signed a $32 million, four-year contract to remain with Miami. The deal, which includes $16 million guaranteed, rewards Grimes for his recovery from an Achilles tendon injury that forced him to miss almost all of the 2012 season. Marcus Davenport Jersey . Both sides came closest to scoring in the first half, when Roma had a goal from Mattia Destro waved off for offside and Inters Rodrigo Palacio headed high. "A draw was a fair result. Neither squad had many chances," Roma midfielder Miralem Pjanic said. http://www.authenticsaintssportsonline.c...-jersey/.Y. -- Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Sammy Sosa and Mark McGwire will have less time to remain eligible for the Hall of Fame ballot under changes made Saturday. Patrick Robinson Saints Jersey . A police inspector told The Associated Press the crane operator is not yet suspected of any wrongdoing but is considered a key witness to the accident at the Arena Corinthians. Kurt Coleman Saints Jersey .The Los Angeles Lakers star passed Michael Jordan for third on the NBAs career scoring list Sunday night in a 100-94 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves.HOUSTON -- Robinson Cano had wondered what would happen if rookie James Jones started getting on base consistently for the Seattle Mariners. His suspicions were confirmed Tuesday night. Cano and Kyle Seager had three RBIs apiece, Jones added two more and a seven-run sixth inning propelled the Mariners to score a season high in a 13-2 win over the Houston Astros, giving Seattle its second straight game scoring in double digits. Cano drove in two runs to give Seattle the lead in the first and hit the first of the five doubles in the sixth inning that tied a franchise mark and pushed the lead to 10-1. Jones three hits included a triple. The rookie, who hits in front of Cano, has seven hits in the first two games of this series. The Mariners won the opener 10-4. "I was telling Howard (Johnson), the hitting coach: Weve been winning games and hes not getting on base," Cano said. "Watch how many runs were going to score when he starts getting on base. And look what happened the last two days." Manager Lloyd McClendon has been impressed with the Jones progress. "Hes getting a lot of big hits for us, hes hitting left-handers, hes running the bases well," McClendon said. "Ive been very pleased. He continues to get better every day." Hisashi Iwakuma (6-4) went six innings, giving up a run on seven hits while striking out seven as the Mariners improved to eight games over .500 for the first time since the end of the 2009 season. Seager doubled and hit a solo homer in the ninth as the Mariners also set a season-high with 18 hits. Jarred Cosart (8-6) tied a season-high by allowing six runs on nine hits with four walks in 5 2-3 innings to end a four-game winning streak. "A lot of pitches up in the zone," manager Bo Porter said. "When he was on the streak that he was on, he was really finishing his breaking ball and inducing weak contact, but today, there were just a lot of pitches up in the zone." Darin Downs relieved Cosart and allowed five consecutive hits, with four doubles. All of the Mariners runs in the sixth came with two outs to mark the first time theyve had six straight run-scoring hits with two outs in an inning in franchise history, according to STATS.ddddddddddddIts also the first time theyve scored at least 10 runs in consecutive games since June 19-20, 2012. Jose Altuve had two hits for his MLB-leading 36th multihit game and Matt Dominguez drove in a run for Houston. Jones singled in his first two at-bats to give him a hit in six straight plate appearances. He had an RBI in the second and his second one in the seventh made it 11-1. Domingo Santana, Houstons eighth-rated prospect by Baseball America, went 0 for 4 in his major league debut after being called up from Triple-A Oklahoma City on Monday. Santana reached on an error in the seventh inning and scored on a ground-rule double by fellow rookie Kike Hernandez. Santana is the last of the players from the 2011 trade with the Phillies for Hunter Pence to reach the majors, joining Cosart, Jon Singleton and Josh Zeid. Cano hit a two-run double with two outs in the sixth inning to chase Cosart and push the lead to 5-1. Downs came in and was greeted with three straight doubles: by Seager, Logan Morrison and Mike Zunino to score three more. Michael Saunders followed with a run-scoring single before Dustin Ackley doubled off the left field wall to extend the lead to 10-1. Endy Chavez drew a leadoff walk before consecutive singles by Jones and Cano made it 1-0 in the first. Jones scored on a groundout by Seager to make it 2-0. Altuve and Presley singled in the first for Houston before Dominguez cut the lead to 2-1 with his two-out single to centre field. Ackley snapped an 0-for-21 skid with a single with one out in the second and scored on a single by Jones to make it 3-1. Ackley tied a season-high with three hits. Hernandez, who was called up from Oklahoma City on Tuesday, made his major league debut when he entered the game at second base in the seventh inning and finished with two hits. NOTES: The series wraps up Wednesday when Seattles Chris Young opposes Brad Peacock. ... The Astros on Tuesday signed OF Derek Fisher, who was the 37th overall pick in the draft. ... Houston placed CF Dexter Fowler on the disabled list retroactive to June 27 with a back strain. He is hitting .270 with six homers and 24 RBIs. Cheap Panthers Jerseys Cheap Bills Jerseys Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jerseys Cheap Saints Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Cheap Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Rams Jerseys Cheap Bears Jerseys Cheap Lions Jerseys Cheap Packers Jerseys Cheap Vikings Jerseys Cheap Bengals Jerseys Cheap Browns Jerseys ' ' '
twcxfypffu

zkxfmrfyjo

https://bo.kenask.com/forum.php?mod=view...7570&extra=
http://demo.7910.org/forum/showthread.ph...b.ru/in%20
http://kerneksurucukursu.com/forum/showt...#pid198948
http://www.mfb.gov.mg/forums/viewtopic.p...76#p150776
http://mannlist.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=42750671
http://topsite.net.ua/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=292276