Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
e, the 20th-seeded Cibulkova cruised past 11th-s
(SportsNetwork.com) - The Edmonton Oilers have no hopes of spoiling the Anaheim Ducks playoff chances, but they can put a dent in their quest for the Pacific Division title. Anaheim kicked off a three-game homestand on Monday by welcoming Winnipeg to town, but the Jets were rude visitors as they went up 4-0 at the 10:54 mark of the second period. However, Anaheim was able to rally for a 5-4 overtime victory. The Ducks could have used some help from the Oilers last night, but instead Edmonton was defeated 5-4 by San Jose. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins had two goals and an assist, Taylor Hall notched a goal and three assists and Jordan Eberle finished with a goal and two helpers. "We battled extremely hard," Edmonton coach Dallas Eakins said. "In my recent memory I cant remember a game where we were supporting and fighting and battling [like we did]. I liked our compete level." Ben Scrivens allowed all five goals on 33 shots in the setback. Anaheim is to 4-0-1 in its last five games and looking for its third straight victory. "We didnt have a great start [Monday vs. Winnipeg]. Being down 4-0 halfway through the game, its tough to overcome," Perry said. "But we said in here, if we keep pushing and playing that style we established in the second half of the second period, no team can play with us. Thats the way weve got to keep playing." The Ducks set a club record with their 49th win of the season, surpassing the 48-win total set by the Stanley Cup-winning 2006-07 club, and moved three points ahead of the San Jose Sharks for first place in the Pacific Division. The Sharks were able to pull back to within a point following Tuesday nights victory over the Oilers, but the Ducks have two games in hand. The Ducks and Oilers, who sit last in the Western Conference with 61 points, will wrap their season series with two meetings over the next five days. Anaheim will visit Edmonton on Sunday after concluding its homestand on Friday versus the Nashville Predators. The Ducks won their first two encounters with the Oilers this season to push their series winning streak to six in a row before the Oilers won the most recent encounter 4-3 in overtime at home on March 28. Anaheim has still won 16 of the last 19 meetings overall as well as three straight and seven of the previous nine at home. Pierre Turgeon Jersey . Wearing bib No. 1, Maze skied through the gates cleanly to defend her big first-run lead and finish 0.07 seconds ahead of Anna Fenninger of Austria. Defending champion Viktoria Rebensburg of Germany was third, trailing 0. Guy Lapointe Jersey . Old times for a defence that has looked just plain old recently? "No," safety Ryan Clark said. "We used to be much better than that. http://www.authenticcanadiensshopnhl.com...en-jersey/." Bach is in Rome for the European Olympic Committees general assembly and meetings with Pope Francis. He also visited with Italian Premier Enrico Letta. "The prime minister appeared to be interested in a bid from Italy for 24, because he has realized that the games can serve as a catalyst for development for a city and a country," Bach told The Associated Press on Saturday. Alex Galchenyuk Jersey . His Brazilian opponents said he produced miracles. There is no doubt that Mexico goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa was the one responsible for spoiling Brazils hopes of another World Cup victory at its home tournament. Maurice Richard Jersey . Philippe Desrosiers stopped 42 shots through overtime and three more in the shootout to pick up his third shutout of the season for Rimouski (31-15-7). Zachary Fucale made 28 saves for Halifax (34-17-3) in the loss.Melbourne, Australia (SportsNetwork.com) - The women will also have a new champion at the Australian Open. After three-time reigning mens titlist Novak Djokovic lost here on Tuesday, fifth-seeded Pole Agnieszka Radwanska took down two-time defending champion Victoria Azarenka 6-1, 5-7, 6-0 on Wednesday to set up a semifinal match with Dominika Cibulkova of Slovakia. "Im so happy and pleased, especially that I beat one of the best players in the world," Radwanska said. "Was not easy draw, not easy quarterfinal. Im very happy that I made my first semifinal here." The second-seeded Azarenkas 18-match winning streak in Melbourne came to a halt on Day 10. She was trying to become the first woman to win the singles title here in three consecutive years, or since Martina Hingis turned the trick from 1997-99. Radwanska, who ended a streak of three consecutive quarterfinal defeats at the Aussie Open, committed just 15 unforced errors compared to 47 for Azarenka. "She was aggressive. She was making everything. She was guessing right. I was just playing a little bit too predictive, you know," Azarenka said. Azarenka had been a dominant 12-3 lifetime against her fellow 24-year-old Radwanska, including a come-from-behind Aussie quarterfinal victory two years ago. Meannwhile, the 20th-seeded Cibulkova cruised past 11th-seeded Romanian Simona Halep 6-3, 6-0 in a match that lasted just 60 minutes to secure her spot in the final four.dddddddddddd The 24-year-old Cibulkova, who stunned No. 3 seed Maria Sharapova in the fourth round on Monday, is the first woman from Slovakia to reach the Aussie Open semis since Daniela Hantuchova in 2008. The diminutive Cibulkova improved to 2-3 in quarterfinal matches at Grand Slams, with her other win coming at the 2009 French Open. "That time I was 19 years old. I was pretty young. I would say also a different player. You know, I am much more experienced," Cibulkova said. Halep, who upended former world No. 1 Jelena Jankovic in the fourth round, appeared overwhelmed in her Grand Slam quarterfinal debut. "No, just I couldnt play today. I had emotions, big emotions, and I couldnt manage this," she said. "Before the match I was very nervous and I didnt feel the ball at all. I couldnt move my body and I couldnt play." Fourth-seeded Chinese star Li Na and 30th-seeded blossoming 19-year- old Canadian Eugenie Bouchard will meet in the other semifinal on Thursday. The former French Open champion Li is a two-time runner-up at Melbourne Park, including last year against Azarenka. Cheap Chargers Jerseys Cheap Browns Jerseys Cheap Texans Jerseys Cheap Ravens Jerseys Cheap Panthers Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Titans Jerseys Cheap Chiefs Jerseys Cheap Bills Jerseys Cheap Colts Jerseys Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Rams Jerseys Cheap Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Falcons Jerseys Cheap Bengals Jerseys ' ' '