Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the ball." Hughes ga
Jo Pavey and Christine Ohuruogo have been named in the 80-strong Team GB squad for the 2016 Olympics in Rio. Pavey, 42, will become the first British female track athlete to compete in five Olympic Games after being confirmed for the 10,000m having achieved the qualifying A standard at the European Championships in Amsterdam.Ohuruogo - Olympic 400m champion in 2008 and silver-medallist four years later - was expected to be named in the 4x400m relay squad but will also take part in the individual event. Jessica Ennis-Hill (heptathlon), Mo Farah (5,000 and 10,000m) and Greg Rutherford (long jump) will be back to defend the titles they won in London and Team GB Chef de Mission Mark England says expectation is high. Happy Holly Pole vaulter Holly Bradshaw delighted at making Rio Track and field is one of the showpiece sports of an Olympic Games and in these 80 athletes we have a team full of the ability, pedigree and experience to match the spectacle, he said.With well over 300 athletes now selected and just over three weeks to go until the start of the Games, Team GB, with an estimated 360 athletes in total, is shaping up to be the most talented team weve ever taken to an Olympic Games. Ohuruogu will compete in the 400m despite her recent patchy form Athletics Team Leader Neil Black said: Im very excited by this group of athletes and what I think we can achieve in Rio.Theres a real blend of experience and exciting new talent, with the likes of Olympic gold medallists Mo, Jess, Greg and Christine, selected alongside those becoming Olympians for the first time, like Dina Asher-Smith, Chris Baker, Jazmin Sawyers and Elliot Giles.This is the best prepared and arguably strongest team we have ever selected.  We believe the world class level of performances this group can achieve will see us challenging for a number of places on the podium. Jessica Ennis-Hill will be back to defend her heptathlon title Ennis-Hill is looking forward to the opportunity to defend her title in Rio and said: Everythings coming together now and Im feeling good.Training over the past few weeks has been going really well and its been good to be back in the competitive environment recently. Theres still some time left before Rio to put some work in as well.London was an incredible experience and the two journeys to London and Rio have been completely different, which Ive really enjoyed. If I was able to defend my title in Rio it will certainly be one of my greatest achievements. Also See: Rose and Willett in Team GB Rio appeal for gutted Oldham Klishina: I am not a traitor GB gymnastics squad named Cheap Shawn Lauvao Jersey .A. Happ is coming off his first start of the year, a win at Philadelphia Monday. The former Phillie allowed three hits in five scoreless frames of a 3-0 triumph. Cheap Troy Apke Jersey .And although FIFAs investigators are preparing to release the findings of a World Cup corruption probe, Hassan Al Thawadi dismissed any chance of Qatar losing the showpiece event. http://www.cheapredskinsjerseyssale.com/...ersey-sale. Siddikur, who led on all four days and took a four-stroke lead going into the final day, bogeyed four out of six holes starting at the sixth and continued a forgettable last round in which he returned a three-over 75 to finish with a 14-under 274. Cheap Samaje Perine Jersey .“I always did my stuff ahead of the deadline. The best deal Ive ever done was the Darryl Sydor deal. We did that at the end of January in 04, and Syd was the missing piece. Cheap Ty Nsekhe Jersey . Charlottetown scored four times in the third period en route to a 5-2 win over the defending champion Halifax Mooseheads on Friday.MINNEAPOLIS - The Toronto Blue Jays were getting mowed down by Phil Hughes through the first five innings on a chilly night at Target Field, but the big swingers never panicked. The Jays have a long history of beating up on the former Yankees right-hander, so they knew it was only a matter of time before they got him in his new home in Minnesota. Jose Bautista had three hits and an RBI, and Brett Lawrie hit a grand slam in the ninth inning to help the Blue Jays beat the Twins 9-3 on Tuesday night. Edwin Encarnacion had two hits and an RBI, and Aaron Loup (1-0) won in relief of starter Brandon Morrow, who lasted 3 2-3 innings in 35-degree weather. The Blue Jays led 5-2 going into the ninth before Lawries towering drive off Jared Burton put it away. "I think it just took a little bit of getting used to," said Lawrie, who drove in five runs. "We didnt hit (batting practice) today. We just rolled into town, so we kind of just hit in the cages and rolled right out into the game. So it just took a little bit to adjust once we got in the box. Once we got a few hits, it just started snowballing." Chris Colabello had three hits and an RBI, and Trevor Plouffe hit a solo home run for the Twins. But Hughes (0-1) watched an impressive start go to waste in Torontos five-run sixth inning. "He was cruising before that," Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said. "I thought the ball was coming out of his hand really good. All of a sudden I think it was three or four hits in a row and I dont know what happened. He just couldnt get a ball where he wanted to and they put some really nice swings on the ball." Hughes gave up four runs and eight hits with seven strikeouts in five-plus innings, snapping Minnesotas three-game winning streak. Munenori Kawasaki had two hits, including a double, after being called up from Triple-A Buffalo to help replace Maicer Izturis, who is out for the season with torn ligaments in his left knee. Designated hitter Adam Lind, who had a walk, a single and scored a run, left in the seventh inning with tightness in his lower back.dddddddddddd The Blue Jays have historically hit the ball very well at pitcher-friendly Target Field and they were going against one of their favourite pitchers in Hughes, who faced them many times over the years with the New York Yankees. Toronto hit 15 home runs off Hughes in 116 2-3 innings while he was in pinstripes. Hughes kept the ball in the ballpark and kept the Blue Jays off balance through five. He recorded all seven of his strikeouts and needed just 74 pitches to get to the sixth. Then it all came apart. Hughes gave up four quick hits to start the inning, including RBI singles by Bautista and Encarnacion to get chased with two on and nobody out. Michael Tonkin gave up a single to load the bases, and a throwing error from catcher Kurt Suzuki later in the inning allowed Dioner Navarro to score for a 5-2 lead. The big inning helped Toronto overcome a rough start from Morrow, who threw 98 pitches and couldnt get out of the fourth. Morrow gave up two runs and four hits with four walks and four strikeouts. "Weve got a good hitting team," Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said. "I figured that was not going to last very long. Hughes was tough on us early but we had that one big inning where we broke it open." Bautista played centre field because Colby Rasmus needed an extra day to rest his ailing hamstring. It was the sluggers first start there since 2009 and he badly misplayed a sinking liner from Pedro Florimon, letting the ball get behind him for a triple. Florimon scored on a single by Joe Mauer, who struck out three times, for a 2-0 lead. NOTES: It was Lawries second career grand slam. ... Kawasaki was ruled out in the first inning when he laid down a bunt but stepped out of the batters box with his left foot before making contact with the ball, which is illegal. ... Twins assistant GM Ron Antony said OF Oswaldo Arcia, on the disabled list with an injured wrist, received a cortisone injection in hopes of speeding his recovery. ... Twins RHP Mike Pelfrey (0-2, 7.84 ERA) pitches Wednesday night against RHP R.A. Dickey (1-2, 5.30). Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '