Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tish and Irish Lions will be s
MELBOURNE, Australia -- Montreals Eugenie Bouchard is out of the Australian Open. Chinas Li Na defeated Bouchard 6-2, 6-4 on Thursday in the semifinal of the womens singles tournament. The 19-year-old Bouchard is the first Canadian woman to reach the final four of a Grand Slam tournament in 30 years. "Im proud of how Ive improved as a player throughout the tournament. But Im never satisfied with losing. Im always disappointed," said Bouchard, who received a fifth stuffed Aussie animal -- an Emu named Sheila -- from her Australian fans dubbed the Genie Army. "I always want to go further and do better. I wouldnt say I exceeded my expectations, but Im happy with how I did." Li, the No. 4-seed and the 2011 French Open champion, is the only major winner and the highest-ranked player still in contention after the fourth-round upsets of Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova. Defending champion Victoria Azarenkas lost in the quarter-final to Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland. No. 5 seed Radwanska was playing Dominika Cibulkova in the second semifinal later Thursday. Bouchard was determined to build off the success she experienced at the Australian Open. "Ive been working hard my whole life to do this, play at Grand Slams and do well," said Bouchard. "Its not an overnight thing. So Im just going to go back to the practice courts and keep working hard." Li, who lost last years final to Azarenka, was aggressive from the start against Bouchard, who started nervously and didnt win a point in her first three service games. Fittingly, Li finished off the match with a backhand crosscourt, one of 16 backhand winners in the match and her biggest weapon against Bouchard. "I think maybe she will be best player in the world. But today (Im) so lucky," said Li during a court-side interview after the match. Li jokingly apologized to the Genie Army after the match, undoubtedly increasing her own huge support base at Melbourne Park. "Sorry about that," she said. "If you guys be happy, I will go home." Bouchard said she changed her strategy to get out of her early slump. "I just wanted to get into the match a little bit more. I felt like she was really hitting her shots. I was just letting her do all these winners side to side, it wasnt really my game," said Bouchard. "I tried to get into the rallies more, try to step in a little bit more, and try to put more pressure on her because she was just putting a lot of pressure on me. "She didnt give me much breathing space, much room to do what I want to do on the court. I tried to put pressure, but she just played too good at moments." Eddie Jackson Jersey . Having won the first leg 1-0 in Barcelona, Madrid entered the match at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium already in control and quickly sealed its place in the semifinals when Jese Rodriguez scored in the seventh minute. William Perry Jersey . -- Felix Girard scored on the power play in the third period to lift the Baie-Comeau Drakkar past the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada 4-3 in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action Friday. http://www.cheapbearsjerseyssale.com/. -- Kael Mouillierat scored three times and set up one more as the St. Leonard Floyd Jersey . But back-up Peter Budaj has put up two wins and an overtime loss while starting three games in four nights since Price went down with a suspected groin injury. Dick Butkus Jersey . A rainy day saw the former champion Djokovic handle 14th-seeded Frenchman Jo- Wilfried Tsonga 6-3, 6-4, 7-6 (7-5) under the roof on the famed Centre Court.The British and Irish Lions will be strong in New Zealand next year, with Eddie Jones English stars leading the way, says Fran Cotton. Former England captain, Cotton, went on three Lions tours as a player, and was tour manager in South Africa in 1997.He spent nine years working in a number of roles with the Rugby Football Union, and has just been made chairman of Sale Sharks, who he expects to provide several players to England. Cotton says he has been hugely impressed by England since Jones took over - the Aussie has won his first nine matches in charge, incorporating a Six Nations Grand Slam, a friendly win over Wales and a 3-0 series sweep in Australia. Fran Cotton has been appointed the new chairman of Sale It was absolutely fantastic to win the Six Nations, Cotton told Sky Sports News HQ. It is even more impressive to go to Australia and win three Tests. Its easy to go there and win one - but to win three? That is some achievement.England are in a good place. We won in Australia, the U20s won the World Cup. The Saxons beat their counterparts in South Africa. English rugby is in a good place at the moment.Wheere Eddie has been good is his selection has been spot on and consistent.dddddddddddd Hes not afraid of making major decisions, in selection and in games. He exudes confidence all the time and that translates to the players. Dan Lydiate of the Lions runs with the ball in the second Test against Australia in 2013 And some talented players are coming through - look at Maro Itoje, at 21, how good is he going to be in four, five years time? We are still some way to go if we are going to for fulfil ambitions of winning the World Cup. But we have made one hell of a start under Eddie Jones.A strong England should mean a strong Lions squad in New Zealand next year. The Lions beat Australia three years ago but taking on the world champions will be a significantly tougher prospect.Next year Im sure every player will be excited. Its a tough tour, looking at the itinerary, said Cotton. I think we have a good chance. We have got a very strong England team. Scotland have improved, Ireland are coming through. We have a good squad - and we will need it. The Lions celebrate a famous series win The midweek games look just as tough. Its a big challenge - but I think we will do well.Will there be any Sharks in the Lions squad?We are certainly hoping so, Cotton added. They have to get into the England squad first and they have to play for Sale - and play well for Sale - first. We have some exciting young players and we will be helping them to do as well as they can. Also See: Jones declines Lions tour Sale target top-four finish Rugby on Sky Follow @SkySportsRugby Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '